Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Great Weekend

On Friday evening I didn’t leave WSCC until about 6:30, having worked with our PR gal to get some posters printed for some upcoming EAHS events, so we could have them on display at our Storytelling Festival on Saturday evening. Chintu arrived within an hour of my arriving home; I met him at the door with a green apple martini, and we spent a lazy Friday night at home after enjoying a nice basil pesto pizza for dinner. (Thanks to T for introducing us to that scrumptious fare!)

Saturday, after a late breakfast, became an errand day for me, while Chintu worked on some academic endeavors. I had to be on campus at 4:30 to meet one of our storytellers, actually the magician who was our emcee and entertainer. It was an unbelievably fun evening, although we didn’t get out of there til about 10:30.

Sunday morning found us at the farm with Tanya for brunch with Michael Burnham, one of our storytellers, his wife, Eliza and her hunny, Matt, Sherm and Beth Koons and Sue Kerns. I found out on our way to the farm that Chintu missed being at home in India to celebrate Vishu (a combination New Year’s, spring, and thanksgiving type of celebration as I understand it)...so, I did the only thing anyone could do and did modified (very modified) version of it for him at the farm. I gathered some fruits and vegetables and flowers in a bowl, lit a candle, and lead him to its location with my hands over his eyes. It didn’t completely heal his heart from missing home, but I think it helped... Then Tanya asked him to sing a song as we sat down to eat. He chose to sing an excerpt from one of his late grandfather’s original songs (I’ll have to tell you about his grandfather some day soon, an amazing man.) Some of us around the table were moved to tears, and I’d say everyone was impressed. (He is simply amazing!) Then, pancakes, fruit, and champagne for breakfast...in wonderful company...what a treat!

On Sunday night, we, along with Tanya, were privileged to participate in celebrating the 90th birthday of Mimi, the darling momma of Abby Hayhurst, the director of the Parkersburg Art Center. It was a gala event, with a huge crowd gathered at the Six Pence Pub in Parkersburg for music, hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and an enjoyable meal. Mimi was so adorable as always!

Monday morning found us saying a sad temporary goodbye as Chintu headed for Athens and I head to EVE to work some practicum hours. That afternoon, I accompanied my practicum supervisor, Michelle, to conduct a girls group she is facilitating at Waterford Elementary. It was a good place to be.

I hope everyone’s life is as full, fun, and exciting as mine! Sometimes I complain (all too frequently) about my financial condition, my minor aches and pains (the knee is getting progressively stronger and better), and other things that, in the big picture, do not amount to a pinch of ....snuff. (To borrow a modified phrase from mom.) I have relatively good health, I don’t go hungry, I have a decent enough place to live, I have wonderful friends, a beautiful daughter, lots of good memories of my life’s experiences (to hell with the bad ones, except that I have learned and grown from them), and an amazing boyfriend! I’m blessed beyond measure!

Here’s a picture of the group at the farm Sunday morning! Enjoy! Peace, love, health and prosperity to all who read this...

1 comment:

Tanya said...

And we are blessed beyond measure to have you in our lives...Luv ya..T.