Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where did summer go?

I know I haven't posted anything here for a long, long time. Spring turned into summer...summer whizzed by...and now we're facing the possibility of frost here in southern Ohio. (sigh, sigh, and triple sigh....sigh). The garden is about done, expect for a few beans coming on, okra, peppers and tomatoes... Most of the maters are about done except for the pear and cherry ones. We had a fair garden, canning some green beans and a lot of tomatoes and tomato juice. Also dehydrated a good amount of tomatoes and zucchini.

Thursday morning I fell going down our porch steps to go to work and was lying in the grass, writhing in pain and bawling when Chintu found me. He thought he heard something and came to investigate, finding me all messed up. My left knee, which had been messed up a couple of years ago, twisted and I have been on the couch or in bed most of the time since 7 a.m. Thursday. It is starting to heal, but it is really difficult for me to stay off it. Chintu has been a complete angel, taking care of me and griping me out when I don't do what he thinks I should to take care of it. I don't know what I would have done without him, especially on Thursday. He even came home at lunchtime to feed me. (How did I GET him?)

No comments: