Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day and Another Must-Check-Daily Site

Before I get into the new site, I want to remind you to stop and think about civil rights. Meditate on what tremendous strides have been made in the last hundred or so years and even more on what is yet to be realized. Think about how you can make a difference and contribute to needed change. Last night I was watching comedian Lewis Black. He has a bit (among many) that some might find offensive. He talks about how, with no energy policy in the US, our president thinks it is vital to "stop the queers from marrying." You can find an excerpt from this bit on his website, in the video clip section, titled "Red, white, and Screwed." (http://www.lewisblack.net/) Surely, according to Black, some day soon, when our leader has made sure the queers cannot marry, the Shiites and the Sunnis will look at one another in amazement and say, "he stopped the queers from marrying, and I love you!" If you don't get it, you should hear the whole bit...

First, thanks to Sammie, I became addicted to "I Can Has a Cheezburger". Now, thanks to Chintu, I have a new addiction. The "must-check-daily-site" to which the title of this rambling refers is titled "I Has a Hotdog." I've added it to my links section, and here, for your convenience, is that link...http://ihasahotdog.com/.
And here is the picture that started this one...
Peace, love, and insight to all who read...

1 comment:

Tanya said...

If the people in this country examine the downward spiral the current administration has created over the past 8 years, perhpas they will think about voting for someone who will do things a bit differently...I have hope...