Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chintu got me a dog for my birthday

Yes you read it right...Chintu got me a dog, among several other things, for my birthday. I couldn't believe it. And not only is it an adorable critter, but talented, as well. He can SING. Yes, SING. Here is his picture....

Oh...for now, his name is Dewg. (that is prounounced like dew...the moisture on the grass...with a hard g on the end...I cannot think of anything it rhymes with right now)... Dewg is a really soft, adorable hand puppet, if you haven't guessed yet...


I chatted with Chaithu, Chintu's sister, for a bit this morning. We were talking about their Muttachan (mooth-a-chen)...(grandfather). They were both very close to him...and I feel like I know him and have an inexplicably deep connection to him in spite of never having met him. He passed on November 12, 2004. Chaithu was gracious enough to share this picture of Muttachan with me... Today, I honor Muttachan, Professor Krishnakumar Pannanchukunnath, as I celebrate my incarnation.

As you read, may you feel the depth of peace that I feel this day...

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Happy day after your birthday, Tom! Great post...I love the doggie, and I love the photo of Chintu's grandfather...His wisdom is apparent...I still think he looks like Sherm if Sherm were a swami...

Love you..Miss you...

T.