Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love, Sweet Love

Happy Valentine's Day to all...what is left of it...since it is now 10:27 p.m. here in Athens! It has been a good day and a GREAT evening. You see, the orignal "plan" (I thought) was for me to pick up steaks and were were going to grill out. The restaurants are WAY too busy for us today. But, just before I left work, Chintu told me that he had already fixed dinner...hmmm...and he wouldn't tell me what he fixed. Well, some of you will really appreciate this awesome combination...chicken curry, rice, and collard greens. The curry was the best Chintu has ever fixed for me, I believe. He had the novel idea of using ricearoni and cooking it in the rice cooker. The collards were canned, but you certainly couldn't tell it. He had the table set in the sweetest way, candles lit everywhere, and met me at the door with a kiss and a bottle of champagne. Now, THAT is romantic.
(For those who may not know, the sunflower picture above the dining room table is actually a painting that Chintu did for me a year ago, right after we met.) After dinner, he fixed me a hot bath, with candlelight (he had placed a group of tealights so that they reflected in the mirror above the tub in the shape of a heart), and music, of course...another glass of champagne, and cake for dessert...and that is where he brought me my Valentine's Day gifts (I gave him his this morning)...chocolates, a neat mail and key keeper combo, a beautiful card, and the sweetest hanging ceramic heart. It has been a glorious Valentine's Day...our first together since we committed to one another as a couple.



Peace, and love, sweet love....to all who read!

No comments: