Friday, February 22, 2008

A wintry Friday in Athens

Well, the weather could certainly be much worse...and was last night. My normally 50 minute drive home from work took me almost an hour and a half yesterday. The snow was beautiful, but the roads were so bad... Fortunately, though, I only saw two wrecks. One car had slid off the road backwards and was sitting like a bridge across a pretty deep ditch.... When I passed Dow Lake I thought it looked so beautiful that if the roads hadn't been so messy, I'd have come home and gotten Chintu, and we, in our "boops", would have gone to walk by the dam. The appearance of the moon through the snow "gave a luster of midday to objects below" and it was such a pretty night. The flowers Tanya brought to our birthday party on February 9 still look pretty good...amazingly, after that much time...
Here is a pic of the brown boi when we were getting ready to go to the play Wednesday night. Ain't he the sweetest thing?And a couple pics from our place this afternoon....

Peace to all who read here today....

No comments: